jueves, 10 de mayo de 2012

YAMOR

During the first week of September, there is a Celebration called “Yamor”, the natives do a wonderful festival to honour the “Pacha Mama” (mother earth) for the gift of nature and life.
I was astonished when I saw the beautiful colours, and the locals dancing and singing, everybody joined the celebration, they shared with the others the scarves, flowers, and smiles! All the community was enjoying the popular music, very different for me, with natural instruments and many flutes, so at the end of the day I played with them!
I also tried the typical drink, it is prepared with seven different kinds of maize, and it tastes very good! It’s like a shake with an acid flavour, it doesn’t have alcohol, and so all the children were drinking it too. They taught me many some songs in the native’s language, for the different rituals, there were very natural, bouquets of typical flowers like tribute and incenses to create the atmosphere. When the sun came down, they did an amazing march, with costumes that imitated trees, butterflies, flowers, birds, and they chose the queen of Yamor, a young women dress like a nymph. I just have a word: unforgettable!!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario