jueves, 10 de mayo de 2012

Darwin’s footsteps expedition

Hello again! Do you want to follow me in the Darwin’s footsteps expedition? Yesterday, I went to the Tortuga beach, an amazing place full of giant turtles! The islands are famed for the endemic species, which were studied by Charles Darwin during the voyage of the Beagle. His observations contributed to the inception of Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection, so I was glad to be there, discovering the history of life, and feeling like Darwin! The giant turtles can reach a weight of over 400kg, and lengths of over 1.8 meters!!! It is the largest specie of turtle ever known!! Imagined how insignificant I felt! I thought “How can exist so wonderful and eccentric animals?” I was blind by the beautiful beach, where around fifty turtles were walking! Then, I went to the Darwin’s Island, is the smallest in the Galapagos Archipelago, and we can find a big variety of marine life. I saw the whale sharks, the manta ray, the dolphins and the marine iguana! That has the ability, unique among modern lizards, to live and forage in the sea; my first thought when I saw them was “All in this island is stuck in another age!”, again I was impressed by the size of the marine iguanas, up to 1.7 meters! And I learnt that they can dive over 10 meters under water! The landscapes were absolutely fabulous, and combined with those bizarre animals, the sound of enigmatic birds, the vegetation, the blue and transparent water, Wow!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario